Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PC Soft / Windev Sites Down

Posted by Peter Raines 
Peter Raines
PC Soft / Windev Sites Down
November 12, 2008 05:01AM
Hi all,

It appears www.pcsoft.fr and www.windev.com have been down for over 24 hours. For a technology based company, that's a long time to have your lights switched off. Anyone know what's going on? Have they gone out of business? Is it time to turn to Delphi?

-Peter
Jimbo
Re: PC Soft / Windev Sites Down / Holiday
November 12, 2008 07:05AM
Hi Peter,

yesterday, <b>November 11th</b>, has been a holiday in quite a number of European countries and in France too! Its 'End of World War I' remembrance day or 'Armistice 1918'. So, no one has been in the Montpellier office building.

It may be that their server went down meanwhile, the cleaning brigade just pulled the mains plug on Monday evening, whatever.

I'm sure, they will detect the problem on 9:00 which is another two hours to wait. If the problem is to be fixed easily, we will see PC Soft's web sites on 9:10 again, if not, it may take the full morning. So, please be patient!

Kind regrads,
Guenter
Peter Raines
Re: PC Soft / Windev Sites Down / Holiday
November 12, 2008 07:59AM
Hmm. I didn't realize they were running WebDev on their own server...
Jimbo
9:25 - Server is up and running (n/t)
November 12, 2008 09:26AM
:spos:
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.