Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to test registry functions in dev mode in Vista

Posted by issah 
issah
How to test registry functions in dev mode in Vista
November 10, 2008 08:18PM
How do I avoid Vista registry re-direction while in development mode? I need to test some features but the registry functions keep getting directed elsewhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

issah
Louis Verbraak
Re: How to test registry functions in dev mode in Vista
November 10, 2008 08:48PM
Hello Issah,

I don't know what you mean precisely. But you can change the way values are saved by using InitParameter(paramIni,"myINIFile.ini").

HTH.
Jimbo
November 11, 2008 12:24AM
Hi Mohammed,
I know what you intend. In Vista, the program should run in USER-Mode, not in ADMIN-Mode. Only Admin-Mode - after elevation of right, of course - allows for modification of registry. You could try to write your own manifest, which could end up in allowing to write to the registry. My advice: write to an INI-file in \users\all users\company\programname\ - ordinary users are meant to write there.
Kind regards,
Guenter
Al
November 11, 2008 12:24AM
Hello Issah

It sounds like Vista is treating the "GO" option of Windev as a legacy application and is writing the registry changes into a virtual registry entry.

You could try a registry search for "VirtualStore" to see where it is putting your entries

I think Louis's suggestion will be easier to manage because then you won't have any Vista manifest/UAC issues when you release your software.

Regards
Al
Thanks all.

I do need to use the registry so will just have to battle it out.

issah
Andres Sanchez
November 13, 2008 01:37AM
Check in the Project Menu / Project Configuration / Configuration Managment
press the test mode button

Now press the advanced mode windows vista big button

There you can configure a vista manifest for your test mode.....

Andres Sanchez
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.