Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with responsive template in webdev 26

Posted by Sosina 
Sosina
Problem with responsive template in webdev 26
January 14, 2022 10:36AM
Hi,
I am using webdev 26 for development of a responsive system, but I faced a problem with responsive Templates(PAGEMOD_).
Please if anyone has worked before with webdev 26 or has occured the same problem can give me some suggestion in order to solve the problem?

What I want to change is that the template(PAGEMOD_) should be appeared full size (based on browser length, width and height) and consequently the pages that use this Template should be displayed depending on the size of the device where the page is being opened.
The body height should be the same with browser height.

What I tried to solve the problem

To solve this problem I tried to:
1. Change Anchoring of the Template(PAGEMOD_)
2. Change Anchoring of pages that use this Template(PAGEMOD_)
3. We also considered to change the Anchoring of the zones, the problem consists in the body zone of the template there is no option to allow the extension depending on the device height as shown in the picture below.

4. I tried to add CSS code in the description of the Template (styling the body, or each element found in the template based on classes used for styling).

The code is given below:

<style>
body, form {height: 100% !important}
.clearfix .pos1 {height: 100% !important}
#page {height: 100% !important}
.clearfix .pos2 {height: 100% !important}
.clearfix .pos3 {height: 100% !important}
.clearfix .pos22 {height: 100% !important}
</style>5. We have also tried to put CSS code in description of the zone which corresponds with the body of the template, but anything changed in the height of the page.
<style>
body{height: 100% !important}
</style>

It would be great help if you could advise me on what we can do in order to solve this problem.

Thank you in advance!
Re: Problem with responsive template in webdev 26
January 14, 2022 01:59PM
Hi Sosina

Based on my own pre V22 experience regarding (crappy) RWD in WB and the feedback I'm reading on the French forums I think it is best to switch to Layouts instead of trying to implement responsive design in WB.

Most WB developers on the French forum state this works better than RWD is easier to maintain.
https://doc.windev.com/en-US/?9000153&name=gestion_des_agencements

Since this is also available in WB26, I'ld suggest you have a look here...
With WB27 there's even more improvements (like layouts for printing web pages)...

Cheers

Peter H.
January 18, 2022 10:53AM
Ive worked with it .

it kind of works but you have to choose from whart point it starts from mobile or from desktop format. Then make a template that does all ok on all formats. Then use that template for the pages ( pages only use body , rest is template )

So versieon 26 is way better then 25 and 24.

But indeed . you are mzkeing baiscally three pages in one page. So better make a version for mob tel and one for tabled / desktop . The latter can be done wioth anchoring quit good en more easy.

that responsive thiong is kind of the worst of both worlds .

hust my thoughts

You can seperate code competely by using some javascript framework and webdev for server code . using json tyo fill the client side. syncfusion for instance .Then you have even more controls then windev has .

( works great with verion 26 ) Not 10 times faster anymore but huge extra's qua front end looks and functionality ==> gant charts super cool grafics and tables with more capibilities then wiondev tables )
January 18, 2022 02:46PM
Hi wduser,

You can seperate code competely by using some javascript framework and webdev for server code . using json tyo fill the client side. syncfusion for instance .Then you have even more controls then windev has .

I'm interested in this approach. Especially while you mentioned Syncfusion controls. Any chance you have a small demo?

Arie
January 18, 2022 06:33PM
ArieM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi wduser,
>
>
You can seperate code competely by using
> some javascript framework and webdev for server
> code . using json tyo fill the client side.
> syncfusion for instance .Then you have even more
> controls then windev has .

>
>
>
> I'm interested in this approach. Especially while
> you mentioned Syncfusion controls. Any chance you
> have a small demo?

Indeed, if you start off with any new WX project there's only one architecture to go for and that is a completely segregated business logic layer (ideally exposed as REST API services)... So you should start by building first your complete business application without any front end and provide at least a REST API gateway to expose its logic to any type of client.

This is where you can use the power of WX to define and maintain your business logic but still have the liberty to expose it to a non WX client and even third party software if you want. PCS is a follower here but they're catching up with the latest releases to enable this architecture providing more liberty and less lock-in.

It's the only way forward anyway...

Just my 2 cents

Peter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.