Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD26] - Importing a WEBDEV project to WINDEV

Posted by DerekM 
[WD26] - Importing a WEBDEV project to WINDEV
December 29, 2021 02:14AM
Has anyone done this to any extent (project/page). Procedures and Queries are no problem - but "entire project" or select one page - it just blows up without a trace (WD26 just disappears off the face of the planet). Latest V26 with latest upgrade.
Is this working for anyone else?
Re: [WD26] - Importing a WEBDEV project to WINDEV
January 02, 2022 09:40PM
Well, it's not quite without a trace.

Would be good to know if this is working for anyone else - then might be a registry or hardware fault at my end.

The exception code 0xc0000005 indicates a memory access violation

Faulting application name: WinDev64Local.exe, version: 26.0.325.1, time stamp: 0x60990b51
Faulting module name: WDMUT64.dll, version: 26.0.240.0, time stamp: 0x60918d56
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000040d42
Faulting process id: 0x38e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d800134f73aec7
Faulting application path: C:\PC SOFT\WINDEV 26\Programs\WinDev64Local.exe
Faulting module path: C:\PC SOFT\WINDEV 26\Programs\WDMUT64.dll
Report Id: 3a0a4f45-2d07-4602-8e90-f45ae4a5313c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
January 03, 2022 06:45PM
Hi Derek,

I've just tried it for you... I'm not sure what combination of WX versions you have installed and how you are attempting to import your project as you don't go into much detail, but I too have the latest WX26 versions installed and for me it seems to work!

I'll explain what I did just in case it differs from what you've tried so far:

1) Open WB26 and backup the WB26 project using; Tools > Make a project backup
2) Close WB once complete
3) Open WD26 (multi platform version) and restore the project in WD using; Tools > Restore a project
4) Open the project in WD, and the WB project pages appear under the "Pages" section in the Project explorer - it lets me open the various WB pages in WD

I would stress (as it may not be apparent from the above description), that when I installed WD26, I selected the 64bit multi-platform WD/WB/WM version of WD and then I also installed WB and WM separately. I don't have the WD26 only version installed just the multi-platform version.

Hope this helps in some way...

Regards,
Darren.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2022 06:47PM by DarrenF.
January 04, 2022 04:31AM
Hi Darren

Thanks. That's interesting. That worked as described but not really what I was looking for.

It is interesting that WinDev/WebDev can be combined in the WinDev IDE - but what I am trying to do is import some WebDev (sub)modules into WinDev. Mostly I have a WinDev project which has been converted to WebDev (and both options are available to the end-user) - but some recent modules were done in WebDev only. Now I need to convert the other way (WebDev to WinDev).

The WinDev help pages make it sound straight-forward:- it is supposed to convert pages to windows - but just crashes.

Thanks again for your assistance. I will play with it a bit more then if it doesn't work I'll have to contact PCsoft Support.

Regards,
Derek

Importing a WEBDEV project into WINDEV
Overview
In most cases, a site is linked to an application.
WINDEV proposes a feature for importing WEBDEV sites or WEBDEV pages.
You have the ability to import the entire project or a single page. The pages are changed into windows. The Server and Browser codes are grouped.
The elements without equivalent in WINDEV (JavaScript code for example) are imported as comments or as separated elements.
January 05, 2022 06:42PM
Looks like a small glitch.
Free Technical Support are having a look, and I am sure they will have a patch before long.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.