Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD24/25/26 - Word processing control and functions

Posted by ArieM 
WD24/25/26 - Word processing control and functions
July 01, 2021 12:58PM
Hi,

I'm trying to use the Word processing functions and the Word processing control, but I found them not 100% bugfree.

When I open an existing Word document and save it again, the new file looses some of the images.
Moreover, the Wordcontrol can't open it's own file again, also saying some images are missing. I can open the file in Word however, but it shows some red crosses on the missing images.

Same thing when using docOpen() and docSave() instead of the control itself.

Also modifying the Word document with docInsert() to add tables or images doesn't act as expected. I switched to C# and OpenXML to get the job done.

So still unusable since V24.

I send a demo to PCSoft tech support, fingers crossed.

The main idea was to use a Word document as a template for reports, adding placeholders for text and images (like [%customername%] ) and replace them with actual values during a printout. This way users are able to create good looking templates for let's say invoices of other kind of letters and documents. Much easier for them than using the WD Report Editor. Works pretty good, not with Windev functions but with OpenXML for now...

Arie
Re: WD24/25/26 - Word processing control and functions
July 01, 2021 05:02PM
Hi Arie,

I'm using the control for simple text files and forgot about "complex" . docx. I always used .rtf fields for my wordprocessing and that worked fine, even the spellchecker. For some applications I changed from .rtf to .docx, It works OK but no spellchecker. I tried everything and send several mails to France, but no luck. Not even an example that works.

I think I will turn back to RTF because I've a lot clients complaining about the lack of spellingcontrol, so for me the wordprocessing control is unusable.

Just my three cents.

Groeten,

Aad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2021 05:03PM by AadG.
Re: WD24/25/26 - Word processing control and functions
July 01, 2021 06:08PM
Hi Arie,

I think that ".DOCX documents with images" is way too complex a thing for that rather new control. Adding the fact that fixes for such problems often take years I'd recommend to invoke LibreOffice Writer from your application instead. I'm using RTF (text only) with that control and it seems to work just fine.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.