Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD22] BreakAdd in TableControl

Posted by Michael Drechsel 
[WD22] BreakAdd in TableControl
May 05, 2021 06:47PM
Hi,

I try to create dynamics breaks in the table control. Did anybody try this before ?

"Breakadd" works, but how can I add a automatic calculation in this dynamic breakfooter ?

Any suggestions are welcome ....

regards Michael
Re: [WD22] BreakAdd in TableControl
May 06, 2021 07:40AM
Hi Michael,

there's a big difference between Tables with programmed breaks (BreakAdd) and Tables with breaks added during design. F.i. you can't add a static control to the break's bar and many things more. Tables with breaks are memory Tables anyway. After some experiments I decided to use planes and I switch between two Tables with identical outside dimensions, one with breaks and one without. I'm (not!) sure with hours of trying and testing one could find a way to have a single Table but I don't think it's worth the endeavour.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
May 06, 2021 08:10AM
Hi Guenther,

mmh, but what was the idea behind this feature if is not suitable to calculate something in the footer.

regards Michael
May 06, 2021 09:42AM
Hi Michael,

as I am sure you are aware, the Table control continues to be a work in progress. In v26 again, some new features have been added to the Table control. Btw, there was no new release of WINDEV in the past without adding some features to the Table control. Most probably, this will continue up to the end of time ...Now you can double-click the breaks and the colums.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
May 06, 2021 06:12PM
Hi Guenter,

after 5 hours brainstorming, I´ve got it:

Dynamic break incl. Label and calculation in the Breakheader.
But unfortunately no nested breaks and no Breakfooter.

But better than nothing.

regards Michael
May 06, 2021 06:31PM
Hi Michael,

I told you ... I spent much more than a day on that puzzle. Use planes and two separate Table controls and you'll be happy.

Good evening!

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.