Advanced

WD[26] All the windows are full size - How do I fix that

Posted by Al 
Al
WD[26] All the windows are full size - How do I fix that
April 21, 2021 04:02AM
Hello All

Just trying out WD26.
I opened a WD25 project and all the windows are full size.
There do not seem to be any options to make them smaller or even to tile them.

I hope someone has a solution otherwise this is a disaster

Regards
Al
Re: WD[26] All the windows are full size - How do I fix that
April 21, 2021 06:33AM
Hi Al,

no problems here. It seems to be a setting of your windows.
My settings are

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Attachments:
open | download - Ashampoo_Snap_Mittwoch, 21. April 2021_06h30m20s_001_.png (97.9 KB)
Al
April 21, 2021 06:48AM
Hello Guenter

Thanks but I didn't explain myself very well.
Every window including the home page opens up to the full size.
They consume the entire space under the menu bar and there is no option to reduce their size.
If I open a project window or a report, they do the same. The underlying space is completely covered

Regards
Al
Attachments:
open | download - WD26_MainScreen.jpg (168.9 KB)
April 21, 2021 07:40AM
Hi Al,

I can't understand, maybe I'm a big dummy. Right, this window is a bit weird, it shows - besides the x - no other symbols in the upper right corner. What did you change to get that effect? And it is sitting in the middle of the screen. If it was 'full size' then the window would take the whole screen - but it doesn't.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Al
April 21, 2021 07:47AM
Hello Guenter

It has me stumped as well.
None of the areas on the screen - except the major dev window have borders or max/min/close options
I have uninstalled and re-installed and cleared the environment but nothing fixes it.
I can get a window around the home page if I click in the top left hand corner and drag it down. but it just reverts to full size when I open a project window. If I do the same with a drag operation with a project window and minimize it then the entire program is minimized

Guess I will stay with V25 as V26 it is completely unusable.

I am using Win7 and I will load V26 onto my laptop - Win10 - to see it if makes a difference

Regards
Al
April 21, 2021 10:41AM
Hi Al
I have the same effect as you, running Widows10.
By default WD opens full screen with no option to drag to a smaller size.
However I use a dual screen display and found if I dragged the window toward screen 2 then I was able to reduce the size.
When next opened window was full size again but just by moving the window it 'remebered' the previously size and reduced itself accordingly.
Not ideal, but manageable I guess.

I would in any case wait until the full release.
Checking on the 'whats new' list I found that, as usual in pre-release, most of the new stuff is suffixed with * = available in a future release.
On the plus side is does load a lot quicker than v25.

Keep well

D
Al
April 21, 2021 10:47AM
Hello Derek

Thank you for the confirmation. I am sure you will understand when I say I am glad it's not just me smiling smiley

Regards
Al
April 22, 2021 06:43AM
Hi all
If you want multiple elements to display in the WD environment, simply drag the tab for that element towards a border. If you drag it to a side border, you get 2 side by side areas. If you drag it to top or bottom, you get 2 above / below areas.

HTH
Paul
April 22, 2021 07:42AM
Hi Al,

my upper right corner is looking differently. Mine shows a symbol with two squares and yours shows a symbol with just one square. Did you click the single-square symbol in order to maximize the WD26-window and get a double-square symbol? My screen has a resolution of 1920 x 1200 and I can click the double-square symbol which makes the window a bit smaller and allows me to resize the window.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Attachments:
open | download - Ashampoo_Snap_Donnerstag, 22. April 2021_07h31m04s_001_.png (10.7 KB)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.