Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD21 Sending data to other program

Posted by George 
George
WD21 Sending data to other program
February 16, 2021 12:18PM
Hi,

Is it possible with Windev21 to create a program that exchange data from a file (for example CSV) to a not Windev application.
So I want to pick up data en send it to a application.
Argus
Re: WD21 Sending data to other program
February 16, 2021 12:31PM
Sending from windev is easy and can be done in a number of ways....
The real question is about the OTHER program... Is it able to RECEIVE data, and if yes, using what technical mechanism?

You need two to tango...
George
February 16, 2021 12:52PM
Hi,

Yes, I know that the other program will be the big problem.
In the far past there was a program called 'MiniSpy' ?
That program was telling the WindowsHandle of each editcontrol just by hoovering over the control.
pao
February 16, 2021 01:10PM
you can try using PostMessage/SendMessage and SysWinHandle functions.

[doc.windev.com]

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
Argus
February 16, 2021 01:20PM
So you do not want to SEND anything... you want to write data into the windows fields of another application... That's a completely different question...

One that has been asked and answered several times in the french forums... along with some example codes... so google translate may be your best bet.

Basically, you need to list the active applications (using windows api), then for each list the active windows (api), and finally IF you want to put data in specific fields, you need to list them (api, again)...

All that knowing that as soon as the other program is updated, your whole code may not work anymore.

So yes, technically, it is possible. Looks to me like it is also a recipe for disaster, something that is asking to break... But maybe it's just me
George
February 19, 2021 03:14PM
Hi all,

Thanks for the reply's.
Last days I was offline.

I will look at the options... Thanks.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.