Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Import and export xls including pictures/image

Posted by Hafizh Kevin 
Import and export xls including pictures/image
February 09, 2021 07:54AM
Hello,

i have file xls that i want to export then import again using HImportXLS and HExportXLS function. I try to export a table without image/picture inside it, and it the result is good all the field and record exported amazingly smooth. But this not the case for table that has picture/image inside it, the field and record contain image/picture is excluded from xls file ( from 13 field became 12 field after exported). Is it even posible to export a table that contain image/pictures to xls file with HImportXLS and HExportXLS function?

Best Regard
Hake
Argus
Re: Import and export xls including pictures/image
February 09, 2021 12:21PM
answer is in the help: NO
Concerning the fields that can be exported: ...The names of composite key items, binary items and binary memo items are ignored....

Images are binary items

So if you want to export and import with images, you will have to code it yourself (OLE automation, most probably), the two built in functions do not do that
Re: Import and export xls including pictures/image
February 11, 2021 05:00AM
Hello Argus,

yeah i agree and have the same opinion with you, and i read some post about OLE automation and that how other do this.

Best Regard
Hake
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.