Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WINDEV and SHA-1 ?

Posted by SteveSitas 
WINDEV and SHA-1 ?
December 14, 2020 03:52PM
Hi,
I need to interact with a 3rd party service that uses SHA-1.
I send a couple of fields to the 3rd party, he then "calculates" a Unique UID using these fields and returns everything back to me when I retrieve the data (could be on a later day).

Now:
I want to calculate in my WD 25 app the SAME Unique UID - using the same fields - so my users can check if everything is posted OK to the 3rd party.
This UID works as a linking field between the 3rd party and my database.
I know that SHA-1 is NOT the best choice BUT since the 3rd party uses SHA-1 I can't do anything else.

Any ideas, other than PCSofts help pages?
Here is a site that does it online: [www.sha1-online.com]

* Note: I need my users to actually see the UID in printable characters and NOT hexadecimal or "Chinese".
And since the 3rd party does it on the backend, I can't see why it can't be done on the WD side.

Regards
Steven Sitas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2020 03:56PM by SteveSitas.
Re: WINDEV and SHA-1 ?
December 14, 2020 04:12PM
Hi and Sorry for the post,
I didn't realize that the UID is just the Hex hash with no spaces between and (sometimes) just everything in lower case.
I probably need a holiday ...

Regards
Steven Sitas
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.