Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TsPlus and Outlook, Word

Posted by Frans 
TsPlus and Outlook, Word
September 07, 2020 03:22PM
Hello to you all,

We use TsPlus with our WD program. Works fine.
The only problem is starting Word and Outlook on the client side. It opens on the server.

1) In TsPlus we have Open on client side for all the .doc and .docx extensions. But Word opens on the server.
2) We use ShellExecute("mailto:" + EdtEmailAdres) to open a new email. This also opens on the server side.

Who is using Tsplus and do you have the same problem (now and then)?

Thanks in advance,
Regards Frans
Re: TsPlus and Outlook, Word
September 07, 2020 05:12PM
Hi,

You need put the code in "browser side".

1) ... But Word opens on the server.

What I did was open a browser with the url to the file and the browser itself opened the default application.
In browser code:BrowserOpen("[url]winking smiley;

2) We use ShellExecute("mailto:" + EdtEmailAdres) to open a new email. This also opens on the server side.
Put this this code in Browser, open your program

Best regards.
September 09, 2020 02:24PM
Hi Frans,

On the server go to file association, "Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program". Look for .doc and .docx, Be sure that the current default is OpenOnclient.exe. You may have to do this on every user of the server, but sometimes this works for all users. Also look for .eml and do the same.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Aad
September 10, 2020 02:16PM
Hi Aad,

Thnaks for your answer.
But it does not always work. We did this as a user in Windows and the extensions also in TsPlus.
With no luck ....

Regards Frans
September 10, 2020 02:24PM
Do you use the TSPlus client ? I assume you do, but one never knows spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
September 10, 2020 05:35PM
Hello Aad,

yes we do.
JP
September 10, 2020 05:52PM
Frans

We do this with all MSOffice applications and it works OK. We create the XLS file (for example) but we have to put it in a web accessible folder. So we create a "temp" folder inside the TSPlus www folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\TSplus\Clients\www\TempFiles

We then copy the XLS file into that temp folder and then execute ShellExecute() on that XLS file in that folder.
September 11, 2020 10:47AM
Hello to you all,

We use it for merging a document with adresses and then we have command like:
MyWordObject>>ActiveDocument>>SaveAs(ParamNewDocName, 16)

I think this could be the problem.
Is there someone who is merging data in a word document and uses TsPlus?

Thanks in advance, regards Frans
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.