Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual Monitors

Posted by DW 
DW
Dual Monitors
October 27, 2008 10:36PM
I am using Windev 12 with the system skin on all my windows in Non MDI.

One of my users is using dual monitors.

If the app is on the Primary Monitor the window skin (Outer edges) including the menus do not draw (They are missing).

If He moves it to the secondary screen it works fine. And of course this only happens on My App.

Has any one experienced any issues with dual Monitors?

Dennis w
Chris L
Re: Dual Monitors
October 28, 2008 12:38AM
Dennis

Sorry I can't help you with this problem.

For what it's worth, I work with dual monitors all the time and I have found that a (small) number of applications (applications in general, not WinDev) have problems with dual monitors. I start them up on one monitor and then move the application window across to the other monitor and things disappear, sometimes just the graphics, sometimes almost everything except the outer edge of the window. I've had this happen with simple utilities and more complex pieces of software. (No problems with WinDev though.)

My point is that the problem seems to be a quirk in Windows or maybe it's the way a particular application writes to the screen or uses particular screen APIs or what -- I don't know and I haven't seen an explanation or a solution. I just know it can be very frustrating!

I'll be very interested if someone can provide any explantion for this behaviour.

Chris L
Melbourne, Oz
Marc De Swert
October 28, 2008 10:41AM
Yo Dennis,

We have that simular problem ,

All or programs are running tru several citrix servers, all users have 2 screens

We have different programs (Windev and Others), Most problem is Windev

Sometimes are fields not accessible for one user , for another user no problem

Most of the solutions is to: complete log off and restart the services

Marc :cool:

DW
October 28, 2008 09:05PM
Well after further review,

If I apply a skin other then System it works fine, but of course a few new issues....

Thank you for the replies.

Dennis W
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.