Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WB 12 - Webdev server, use Classic or HFCS ???

Posted by Aad Gouka 
Aad Gouka
WB 12 - Webdev server, use Classic or HFCS ???
October 27, 2008 05:10PM
Hi all,

I'm starting my first big project with Webdev 12. First question that came up, which filesystem to use, HFClassic or HF Client/Server.

Because the application is running "local", is there any use of queries regarding to speed ??

A few tips in that direction would be very nice.

Regards,

Aad

Fabrice Harari
Re: WB 12 - Webdev server, use Classic or HFCS ???
October 27, 2008 06:08PM
Hi...

I would say HFCS without hesitation... The application IS local, but the important factor here is that it's not ONE application, but as many apps as there are concurrent users (each is using a separate exe/session)

Using HFCS means therefore a faster data access, as soon as there are 2 concurrent users...

Concerning the queries, thre is no network transport so the usual biggest gain doesn't apply... Still, you are calling the HFCS once for many answers, instead of a series of sucessive calls.. So there should be a small gain with queries...

On another hand, if you query is not optimized and you exceed the query time out, you will crash your web site (if you use hxxx syntax, you can stop looking for answers any time you like)... So it depends

Best regards

Fabrice Harari
WinDev, WebDev, WinDev Mobile Video Courses

Aad Gouka
Re: WB 12 - Webdev server, use Classic or HFCS ???
October 28, 2008 11:58AM
Hello Fabrice,

You convinced me. HFCS it will be.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Aad
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.