Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help and ideas in developing a POS

Posted by YogiYang 
Need help and ideas in developing a POS
March 25, 2020 08:34AM
Hello,

I have to develop a POS (point of sale) solution with following features in brief:
    [*] One Parent company which will have multiple sub companies under it
    [*] Financial Accounting with all standard features like Trial Balance, Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet, etc.
    [*] Should support GST
    [*] The data will be stored in Cloud by default
    [*] POS terminal should be able to work offline as well as online. Let me try and explain this in details. When user starts a Session the terminal should fetch all the master data of items and their stoke and store in temporary memory. Now at the time of invoice generation if the terminal is online it should fetch data from cloud but if it's offline it should use the data stored in temporary memory. Here if the terminal is offline the invoice is stored in temporary memory but it is online the invoice should be saved on cloud.
In past I have read in this forums that someone has developed a powerful feature rich POS so I hope I will get some useful and productive insights as to how to build such a solution.

Actually the features are many more but I think these should suffice.

TIA

--
Yogi Yang

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2020 08:36AM by YogiYang.
Re: Need help and ideas in developing a POS
March 25, 2020 11:05AM
Hi Yang

I'm just developing one such solution. The databases are HF SQL capable of running in the cloud and on the local network.
The solution involves working on PC and Mobile or Tablet respectively.

Combined work as needed locally and in the cloud I only see a solution for database synchronization but I have not tried it

Greeting

Example
[www.youtube.com]

[infosonline.net]
March 25, 2020 02:15PM
Hi Yang,

I have designed / developed the type of system that you are discussing from design on a piece of paper to installation into multi site / multi pos per site.

The internet has come on leaps and bounds from when we first started and is now much more robust for day to day use.

What you are describing is fairly standard in the POS world.

If you would like to discuss, please PM me.

Kindest Regards,

Mike
Argus
March 25, 2020 11:40PM
> details. When user starts a Session the terminal
> should fetch all the master data of items and
> their stoke and store in temporary memory. Now at
> the time of invoice generation if the terminal is
> online it should fetch data from cloud but if it's
> offline it should use the data stored in temporary
> memory. Here if the terminal is offline the
> invoice is stored in temporary memory but it is
> online the invoice should be saved on cloud.

That's not enough... what happen if "When user starts a Session" internet is down?

What you need is a full blown replication system... All terminals ALWAYS work from local data... In BACKGROUND, replication system sends and receives data all the time there is an internet connection (including when users are not logged in)

I'm using wxreplication to do that... Ask Fabrice if you need help.He knows that kind of things like the back of his hand.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.