Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[OT]looking for a graphic software to create eye candy WB app.

Posted by BLS 
Hi,
I am looking for a graphic software which allows me to create eye candy WEBDEV applications.
This means I want to create buttons, tabs, frames etc.
The software should enable me to create rounded rectangles and should have support for bezier curves. antialized of course.
I also have a need for antialized text.

Further the software should allow me to use textures in graphical and text objects.

I want to create two different looks : Sanded black plastic, and glossy black plastic. ...and exactly here I am at point where I wish that my english is not that lousy yawning smiley)

I think I have to say that I am not a graphic designer or alike .. just average Joe Coder who would prefer an "as simple as possible" graph. software.

Many thanks in advance,
Bjoern
Hi Bjoern,

I highly recommend Serif DrawPlus from www.serif.com

I've been using their products for years and have been thoroughly impressed. It will even do Flash animations.

If you need get it and need some pointers, let me know.

Cheers!
Ken
Thanks Ken, I'll give it a try.

edit : heck no demoavailable , DrawPlus seems to contain more than I really need... have to read the availabe documents.
Bjoern

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2008 03:40PM by BLS.
Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost
Re: [OT]looking for a graphic software to create eye candy WB app.
October 24, 2008 03:58PM
Hi ken...

I had a look too, but it seems there is no test version, you have to buy
it to download it? Am I cross eyed today or are there still products
out there with no demo version?

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]

KenKnight wrote:
> Hi Bjoern,
> I highly recommend Serif DrawPlus from www.serif.com
> I've been using their products for years and have been thoroughly impressed. It will even do Flash animations.
> If you need get it and need some pointers, let me know.
> Cheers!
> Ken
>
>
Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Alexandre Leclerc
October 24, 2008 04:51PM
Hi Bjoern,

I use [www.inkscape.org] since many years and have been well pleased with doing graphics with this application. Screenshots of what you can do (with some patience, sometimes): [www.inkscape.org]

I make all my window design, buttons, etc. with it and since it is SVG, well, it's flexible. But it might not be enough end-user friendly or feature rich for your actual needs.

It's open source. Maybe you will want to give it a try.

Best regards.
Hi guys

One quick google, probably available elsewhere

[www.freeserifsoftware.com]

I have seen older Serif products offered free on many magazine cover disks

Cheers

Malc
Malc

You are correct, Serif have always offered their previous releases for free.

DrawPlus 6 is well worth the 9.99.

But be aware, you will be bombarded with letters and phone calls as they try to sell their other products.
Depends how honest you are when you fill out the order form I guess :cool:

Regards
Dominique.pcs.crosspost
October 27, 2008 09:37AM
Hello,
you could also try this one !

[www.mediachance.com]

Dominique

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Hi all,

Yes the only way to test drive is the freeserifsoftware site. I've been dealing with serif for many many years and get a huge price break compared to what's on the site. If any of you are interested, shoot me an email. There will be no mark up on the product from me, but I must make sure that all shipping costs are covered.

The killer part of DrawPlus is you can create a multi-state template that allows you to easily whip out multi-state buttons. Along with hundreds of other incredible features. I would not hesitate to say that I use that package every day.

Cheers!
Ken
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.