Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[wd12] AutoHelp - solution to earlier post

Posted by Al 
Al
[wd12] AutoHelp - solution to earlier post
October 23, 2008 12:59PM
Hello all

I have given up on the help options in Windev and after searching the web I have found a fairly amazing and inexpensive help program.
Dr Explain [www.drexplain.com]

It takes screen captures of running Windev apps, breaks out all the components and creates high quality help screens at the touch of a button. I have not found a way to integrate it to the Windev help numbers, but it can produce help as html files so all I am doing at the moment is creating the screens in DrExplain then copy and paste the html code into the Windev help system which allows me to then link it back to windows or controls.

Regards
Al
Al
Re: [wd12] AutoHelp - Update
November 20, 2008 09:17AM
Hello All

Further to this original post.

It is possible to integrate the CHM files produced by this program to Windev at the window level.

I didn't realise that chm files could be referenced by their internal page ID number but Windev can call these numbers using the Whelp() command so you can make the help context sensitive to a window and open the relevant chm page from a help button on each window.

The software produces three versions of the help system, chm help file , html help web pages and text based help in an rtf file.

Regards
Al
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.