Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WM23] Write Data to HFSQL File Super Slow

[WM23] Write Data to HFSQL File Super Slow
October 07, 2019 07:36PM
Hello everyone,

I have to locally save around 10k records coming from a SOAP web service (which returns the response in XML/XSD). Right now, I'm simply using a FOR EACH LOOP on the web service result and HAdd to add each record the in an HFSQL file. The problem is that it takes about 3 to 4 minutes to complete the process, which is way too much ! And that's without the calculation I need to make before adding the record in the HFSQL file.

Anyway, If anyone could give me a hint on how I should do this, it would be very appreciated !

Thank you
Re: [WM23] Write Data to HFSQL File Super Slow
October 08, 2019 08:20PM
Hello Anthony

I have a WM application on the Google play store that loads a lot of data from the cloud-based MySQL database, it works very quickly.

I'm using Php4wm (watch tutorials on youtube)

Check out the app and see how fast it loads

[play.google.com]

[infosonline.net]
Re: [WM23] Write Data to HFSQL File Super Slow
October 09, 2019 07:50AM
Anthony,

do you use a transaction? If not every single HAdd() is wrapped in a transaction by the Windev framework. That's very slow indeed. Using ONE transaction will speed things up.

BTW: in my case it was still way too slow. I ended up generating the sqlite database on the server (still using tthe transaction as described) and download that one as a whole. That's much faster, but means a different approach.

SQLTransaction(sqlStart, YOUR_CONNECTION_NAME)
HAdd()
HAdd()
HAdd()
HAdd()
etc
SQLTransaction(sqlCommit, YOUR__CONNECTION_NAME)

Arie
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.