Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Display image onmouseover

Posted by kewpe20 
kewpe20
Display image onmouseover
October 21, 2008 08:39PM
I would like the ability for the user to display an image if they hover their mouse over a link (Any component will do), but I'm doing something incorrectly.

1. I unchecked the Visible property of the Image in the Description of the Image.
2. I created a link.
3. In the Mouse Over code block I put the following code:
IMG_IMAGE_XX..Visible = True

If I move that code to the Click of Link code I can get the Image to appear, but I'd much rather that it occurs only on a mouse over.

Al
Re: Display image onmouseover
October 21, 2008 11:45PM
Hello Kewpe20

Is any code being executed on mouse over ?
One way to make sure is to try an info("mouse is hovering") message to ensure that something is really happening.

You say that :
If I move that code to the Click of Link code I can get the Image to appear, but I'd much rather that it occurs only on a mouse over.

Can you use executeprocess() in the mouse over code to run that Link code ?

Regards
Al

Glenn Rathke
October 22, 2008 04:37AM
Hi,

Hi,

I tried duplicating what you described and sure enough I had the same problem. I inserted an info and sure enough it was displayed, but the hiding or moving the other control did not work. Perhaps the executeprocess that was suggested might do the trick.

Let us know
Glenn Rathke
kewpe20
October 22, 2008 07:01PM
the ExecuteProcess() almost worked.
The problem this creates is it's as if the user is clicking the link thousands of times per second while the user has their mouse over the link. This causes the server to disconnect.

I put this in the On Click code but I realize now why it doesn't work. I only mention it because I thought it might give someone with more Webdev experience an idea on how to resolve this.

On Click Code
BTDisableService(IMG_IMAGE_XX,trtClick)

Onmouseover Code
ExecuteProcess(BTN_Button1,trtClick)

Fabrice Harari
October 22, 2008 08:04PM
Hi...

What about testing if the image is visible before doing the executeprocess... This way, only one click would be done

In fact, if you test first, it's possible that making the image visible ONCE would work in the OnMouseOver code

best regards

Fabrice Harari
WinDev, WebDev, WinDev Mobile consulting

kewpe20
the ExecuteProcess() almost worked.
The problem this creates is it's as if the user is clicking the link thousands of times per second while the user has their mouse over the link. This causes the server to disconnect.

I put this in the On Click code but I realize now why it doesn't work. I only mention it because I thought it might give someone with more Webdev experience an idea on how to resolve this.

On Click Code
BTDisableService(IMG_IMAGE_XX,trtClick)

Onmouseover Code
ExecuteProcess(BTN_Button1,trtClick)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.