Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto modific does not work

Posted by Willy 
Auto modific does not work
April 03, 2019 07:40PM
When creating a setup, with an update, I choose to automatically adjust the database at the customers.

During the installation I see for a moment that the line "automatic modification" appears.

However, this is very short and the HFSQL has not been updated.

I recently switched from WD20 to WD23 and now to WD24

Anyone have an idea

thanks in advance

Willy Hermans
Re: Auto modific does not work
April 04, 2019 07:22AM
Hi Willy,

WDMODFIC is still there and works fine - I suspect that your problem is caused by inadvertant bad handling of your analysis. A crash or something. In years long gone, in certain cases the analysis wasn't updated though there have been changes made to it. I recommend to add a dummy string item to that file, generate the analysis and then remove the dummy and generate the analysis again. There's "Repair the Analysis", I'd do that first. It may help. However, I'm using HModifyStructure("*",hmsNormal) within the code for initializing the project. Find differences in structure by using WDHFDiff ( [doc.windev.com] ).

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.