Advanced

[WB23] - Trouble with table rows

Posted by JP 
JP
[WB23] - Trouble with table rows
March 29, 2019 01:35PM
Hi All

This is on a WB23 Dynamic Website

I have struggled with this issue for some time so perhaps someone can direct me.

I have a table on a page. It contains some webpage article titles.

The table has a hidden column containing the URL of the article title.

I want to allow the user to click the article in the table and then load the related URL in a new browser tab.

Here is the problem:

1) I cant put the code in the Browser Code for Row Selection because WebDev says the table column is not accessible in the browser code

2) I cant put the code in the Server Code for Row Selection because the server has the wrong row selected. It does not have the row the user is actually on. The user can change the row in their browser but the server does not know this change.

So I need to execute server code in order to access the table column of the row selected but I need the server to know correctly what row the table has been clicked on. How to get around this problem? Is there a way to the tell the server to get the correct status of the table?

Secondly, what is the correct way to then load the URL in a new browser tab?

Thanks
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.