Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WinDev22 crash - HELP!

Posted by gga 
gga
WinDev22 crash - HELP!
February 25, 2019 10:03PM
The forum hung updating my original post and when I tried to re-enter it I got a message about a duplicate post although the original is not being displayed. Today is not a good one as you can see!
Here is the original message.

Doing some final testing, all of a sudden Windev started complaining about TYPE being read only during a ScreentoMemory operation.
I had used TYPE as a fieldname in a file (a couple actually) and it had never complained before but I decided it must be a reserved word in WinDev so I modified the structure. Recompiling seemed to be taking a very long time so I closed WinDev and re-opened the project. Again recompiling seemed to hang WinDev.

What do I do now?
Garry
PS I really don't want to restore from my last backup as it is a couple of days old!
Re: WinDev22 crash - HELP!
February 26, 2019 09:02AM
Hi Garry,

you say the last change you made was in the analysis and now you are unable to recompile.
Although your backup is a few days old I still would go that way, but not using the full backup.
Try replacing the the project.ANA map with the one from the backup. This holds the analysis maybe it will rcompile after that. Of course now you get some errors (your renamed TYPE_field is not recognized anymore), but if you are Lucky you are back in busines again

Arie
February 28, 2019 05:22PM
Hi Garry, I'm sorry, seemingly there has been an attack on the forum and we restarted the server and repaired the database because access had been denied sometimes.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
gga
February 28, 2019 07:51PM
Glad to see the forum is back up and running!
As it turns out, so am I. Deleting the project .CPL directory and the .env file solved the problem.
Garry
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.