Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

strange problem with the help files in a new installation

Posted by Arthur 
Hi Guys,
I have just upgraded to windev 12 from windev 9 and I'm having problems with the help files,
If I select any item in the index looking for help on a subject the system attempts to download some temporary file and then opens the internet explorer looking for files within my documents directory...
I have been told that other members have also had this problem and that it may be an xml file missing ?.

Any help on this would save me a great deal of time, I have uninstalled and reinstalled windev 12 with the same result...

Kind regards
Arthur
Hi again,

OK, I found the problem, it appears that I had to update the XML Parser, I have dreamweaver 8 installed on my PC...

Works OK now...

[www.microsoft.com] This may have been caused by installing software - possibly Dreamweaver 8.

Many thanks,
Arthur
Hi Again guys,

OK, I found the problem,

The XML Parser had be be updated:- [www.microsoft.com] This may have been caused by installing software - possibly Dreamweaver 8.

Many Thanks,
Arthur
Hi Guys,

I found the problem, had to update the XML Parser...

Many thanks,
Arthur
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.