Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with analysis

Posted by David 
David
Problem with analysis
October 15, 2008 12:11PM
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my analysis. When I try change anything in my tables, I am getting following error.

Error initializing the query
Unable to open <c:\My Sites\ INKS-2008\EXE\TbBasket.FIC> file

System Error Details:
Access is denied.

When I try use Hadd I am getting this:

<TbCustomer> file is read-only. Unable to perform the operation.

Pcsoft Support told me I should close the WebDev administrator before generating the analysis.

I tried and nothing. The problem is the same. I have also turn off webdev and turn on again before changing my tables.

Did anybody here have that problem.

Glenn Rathke
Re: Problem with analysis
October 15, 2008 02:05PM
Hi David,

Have you tried repairing or updating the project?

Glenn
David
October 15, 2008 02:56PM
I tried both! Nothing
KenKnight
October 16, 2008 01:13AM
Hi David,

The first thing you need to do when you start seeing file issues like this is run Process Explorer from sysinternals (now part of Microsoft) and search for the filename in question. This will show you what program has the file open and you should also be able to terminate any open file handles.

Cheers!
Ken
David
October 17, 2008 12:33PM
Hi all,

I have done a few test and I hope that can explain more.

PcSoft support said

This file is in use by a process. If it is not the Administrator, you may try to use a process explorer tool in order to find which program is holding the file. Such a tool is available from :

[technet.microsoft.com]

I tried but any of my files are not holding in any program or process.

Another thing is my experience with WebDev which is poor but "Rome wasn&#8217;t built in a day" so I am learning a lot and I hope you can show me the right way. I should explain everything at the beginning of my post but I didn't realize that will be a huge problem.

So, I am creating a website (online shop). All my data is coming from database. I am using WebDev 12. I've chosen Dynamic Project with AWP. For identification my users I am using global variable created when they are first time connecting to my website. Have a look following code:

gnTime=(TimeSys())
gnDate=(DateSys())
gnSessionID = gnDate+gnTime
ConfigureAWPContext(ctxCookie,ctxIDCookie)
DeclareAWPContext(gnSessionID)

Everything was great, all my users had a unique SessionID but I have a still problem with that analysis. All of my pages were with option "Generation in AWP mode (without context)". When I turned off that option I don't have any problem with my analysis, but every time when I refresh website I have a new sessionID which is unacceptable.

I have checked one example WW_Blogs_AWP. When I opened that example in my browsers (IE7.0, Mozilla 3.0) and tried create new account I have got following error (same as my before) which is very weird.

Member file is read-only. Unable to perform the operation.
- What happened?
<Member> file is read-only. Unable to perform the operation.

I am very confused now:

1. Which project will be the best for me?
2. What is the best idea to identify my users?
3. Should I use option "Generation in AWP mode (without context)" ?

If you guys can help me I will appreciate.

BTW
I am going to install WebDev on other machine with Vista instead XP. Will see.

David
David
October 17, 2008 12:36PM
some problems with connection

sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2008 01:50PM by David.
David
October 17, 2008 12:42PM
some problems with connection

sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2008 01:50PM by David.
David
October 17, 2008 12:43PM
I've found it.

The problem was with permission. I have changed settings in my ISS server and now is working great

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2008 03:49PM by David.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.