Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CWizard and cAssist Classes in the WD Wizard example

Posted by Don Schwirtlich 
Don Schwirtlich
CWizard and cAssist Classes in the WD Wizard example
July 30, 2017 05:59PM
Were these classes written by the author, cWizard and cAssist, or created by a template (i came from the clarion world) so pardon me for following that line of thinking. If templates mean something different here - then I understand but with all that windev does for you, it would seem to me that this came from some canned function or 'method'.
Hi

Templates donot create classes in windev ofr WX for that matter. Templates are windows or pages. These windows ( windev ) or Pages ( webdev) are used so other pages can be based on them.

So You make a template . In that template you put everything that is commen to a set of pages. This can be a navigation structure the styling ,etc

Then when you need a new page you create on using the template and you have a starting point. Nice feature is that if you change something in the template every page that uses that template changes as well. You can however override some template features if you want.

Hope this gives some insight.

regards

Allard
Don Schwirtlich
Re: CWizard and cAssist Classes in the WD Wizard example
July 31, 2017 01:13PM
Excellent, thank you Allard.

DonnieS
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.