Advanced

[WD11] GPF error on shellexecute

Posted by Al 
Al
[WD11] GPF error on shellexecute
October 08, 2008 08:32AM
Hello All

One of our clients is reporting a gpf error when opening Autocad documents
Part of our software incorporates a document manager module and in this case all we are doing is passing the file name to the shellexecute command. There have been no code changes in this module for about a year and it was working fine with CAD documents until a week ago. It will still open other documents but crashes on CAD drawings.

I thought it was an association issue but the client can double click on the files from Explorer and they open ok.

This is the error message he sent me:

Module : ntdll.dll
Adresse de base : 7C900000
Erreur système : Access violation (GPF)
EIP = 7C910193

Any ideas ?

Regards
Al
Al
Re: [WD11] GPF error on shellexecute - Solved
October 09, 2008 12:49AM
Hello All

I got some feedback from our client. The problem was in IE.

They did "something" last week that uninstalled IE and after re-installing it they had a variety of problems, but have now reinstalled again and reset all the associations and it is fixed.

Regards
Al
KenKnight
Re: [WD11] GPF error on shellexecute
October 09, 2008 01:46AM
Hi Al,

Don't ya just love how customers always blame your software first, when in fact they leave out all kinds of pertinent information about problems they've been having prior to calling you up to rant.

Luckily I don't have this happen much, but oh how it makes my day when I can prove to them 'The err in their ways." smiling smiley Of course it is aggravating having to prove the fact.

Cheers!
Ken
Al
Re: [WD11] GPF error on shellexecute
October 09, 2008 08:11AM
Hello Ken

You are so right. Every time after one of these episodes I always say to myself "must ask more questions next time" and sometimes I console myself by re-visiting the "too stupid to own a computer" story.

[www.snopes.com]

Regards
Al
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.