Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to use SCM messaging

Posted by Glenn Rathke 
Glenn Rathke
How to use SCM messaging
October 07, 2008 06:20PM
Hi All,

I'd like to use the SCM feature to send a message to a developer when a page is checked in. Upon trying to send the message a message is displayed that the user is unknown. How do you set this up so the user is known?

Thanks
Glenn
Fabrice Harari
Re: How to use SCM messaging
October 07, 2008 09:53PM
Hi Glenn...

I'm not sure, as I've never tried, but I'm guessing it's linked to the WDBal Email application available in the menu with windev...

Let us know if it works

Regards

Fabrice
Glenn Rathke
October 07, 2008 11:27PM
Thanks Fabrice, I think you are right.

Part of the problem is me not knowing SCM well enough. When I use the WDBal Email applicaton it only lists me and ADMIN as users in the SCM project. And yet another developer is using it and he only sees himself and ADMIN. We don't see each other as a choice. I'm missing some configuration somewhere.

Glenn
Fabrice Harari
October 07, 2008 11:55PM
Hi Glenn...

I think I found it, but I can't test, working alone :-)

- Go in the Hyper File control center,
- Select the computer on which your scm DB is installed
- then select the HFCS name under which your scm db is working
- you now should have 10 tabs available on the right side of the screen, including the magic 'Users and Group'
- in it, you can add users and groups and by editing the SCM groupd that should already exist, you can add in it all the users you need

I think that should do it...

let us know

Fabrice
Andres Sanchez
October 07, 2008 11:57PM
Glenn:

I tried to use this feature, and I did get it to work, but I was very disapointed because it does not display anything to the other user, it does not get it's attention when you have a new message, thing that for me was wrongly assumed, and you probably too.

You could add it to the Kouglof, but it does not serve its purpose because the Kouglof is used with debug, source, and some other things, and when you get a message there is nothing to tell you that you have a new message, you have to physically select the pane to see if you have any new messages, and for me is better any other message app.

Just my 2 cents

Andres Sanchez
Monterrey Mexico
Glenn Rathke
October 08, 2008 12:17AM
Thanks.... I'll checking this out.

Glenn
Glenn Rathke
October 08, 2008 12:18AM
That indeed is very disappointing !

Thanks Andres
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.