Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD21] Missing examples ?

Posted by Al 
Al
[WD21] Missing examples ?
May 30, 2016 09:25AM
Hello All

When the new versions arrive, one of the first things I do is go to the examples in the faint hope that there may be something new.
Well this time there is something new, but not what I was looking for.

I think PCSoft have completely broken the example process and as I wrote to tech support "If it ain't broke - Don't fix it!"

There used to be one pane for examples and then it had sections for controls, unit examples, full examples and then components
Now there is one pane for controls, a new pane for unit examples, no pane for components and no pane for conplete examples that I can find so I have no idea where they are now.
What is worse is that instead of the examples being in tiles that stretched across the page, they are now single items in a table, so it takes much longer to scroll through and you have to read each one so see what it is, where before you could just quickly scan across the tiles to find what you wanted.

When I think of all the things that could be fixed, changed for the better or even make new examples rather than waste time and effort changing the display of the examples, I have to wonder at the priorities of PCSoft.

Regards
Al
StanleyBarnett
Re: [WD21] Missing examples ?
May 31, 2016 01:06AM
Hi Al,

>> faint hope

Now that is optimistically negative, isn't it? I too would like to see more how to docs and examples in ENGLISH...

Stanley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.