Please PCSoft grow up....

Posted by GTR 
GTR
Please PCSoft grow up....
March 31, 2016 04:54PM
I looked at the documentation of WD21,,,,
Please PCSoft .... grow up.
Times are changing.
I don't have any problems with nudity but don't expose woman as lustobjects.
It's not professional anymore.
Fabrice Harari
Re: Please PCSoft grow up....
March 31, 2016 05:00PM
Hi

this is not the pcsoft web site... You should contact them directly to tell them that.

Best regards
DW
March 31, 2016 06:00PM
GTR

We have the same discussion every year and it is old, please move on everyone they are not going to change for you and they should not have to...

If you do not like it do not look...

And I second that from Fabrice complain to them I am sick of hearing about it.

DW
Donald Montaine
March 31, 2016 06:57PM
My take is that the women shown are "Prima Donna" or "Diva" types and that it is meant to convey that Windev is a "Prima Donna" among software. So the elegant women are an icon for Windev. Windev is about style and grace and not being normal. They also present images of women at work, which are different from the images meant to represent Windev. I am sure they could also represent that idea with graceful cats; lynx, pumas, cougars or fast cars and that might be more politically correct.

Then again, I can appreciate style and awareness of elegance, no matter how it is presented. Many post-feminist women have no problem with feminine sexuality being celebrated rather than repressed. ie: Women have the right to present themselves however they wish, and if they make the choice to sell images of themselves as elegant or sexual beings, then there should be no problem with a company using those images. Now if the images were not created freely with consent, then that would be another matter.

It amazes me how many people get upset by sexual images and would have no trouble if PCSoft used tanks, war planes and guns in their advertising.

Many corporations avoid anything controversial in their image while being horrible corporate citizens behind the scenes. From what I can tell, PCSoft is controversial in their advertising but is a good corporate citizen as far as the environment and involvement in their community. I can live with that.
DerekT
March 31, 2016 07:06PM
Its a French thing, live with it my man.

I attend a number of French presentations and they always include/feature girls.

This is the Renault clip used to announce their new F1 livery.

[youtu.be]

WARNING: - CONTENT MAY CAUSE OFFENCE
Curtis
March 31, 2016 07:14PM
Donald Montaine
Windev is about style and grace and not being normal.

Haha. This made me laugh out loud.

I think we can all agree that their marketing is silly and that they probably don't have an English or United States marketing team/person. The French are more provocative than most cultures.

They won't change anything for us unless their English speaking market gets much bigger.
steve erts
March 31, 2016 07:30PM
I've contacted them about this and they are blissfully ignorant it's an issue in the US marketplace and were very dismissive of my POV.

IMO it makes them look like a joke. It's too bad. It makes me embarrassed to even direct people their website.
Name withheld by request
March 31, 2016 07:59PM
I must say it was those wonderful stockings on page 59 that made me upgrade.:rp:
On the other hand, the nearly starved spider-looking person on page 71 almost made me wait another year for another 922 features.:angry:
See:
[www.pcsoft-windev-webdev.com]
Harry W
March 31, 2016 10:57PM
I agree, windev does not need this kind of advertising.
They have a strong product. Use that instead of teasing sexy woman.
Art Bonds
April 01, 2016 01:54AM
American versions of PCS slogans...

"WinDev will blow you out of the water with 921 NEW FEATURES!"

"WLanguage: The AK-47 of programming languages"

"WinDev: It's YOOUGE!"

"WinDev: Use it or God will get you."

"Windev Lives Matter"
Marijan Tomasic
April 01, 2016 08:12AM
I personally do not mind the manner and style PCSOFTs marketing. It is now a daily occurrence in marketing in other branches of the sale, it may be a matter of days when the others will follow in that path. Look at the advertisements for e.g. STIHL chainsaws ... Compared to them PCSoft brochures can be read at the Sunday school ...

I only wish PCSoft invest a little more effort into the existing features that are not improved, or have bugs. Fortunately, these bad things is not much.

I remember that in 20 years of using various versions of Clarion never come across a bug (except for a few minor to use the tools, but never in the finished application)
But Clarion therefore did not follow the modern trends quickly enough.

Maybe that's why things have to go that way.
kingdr
April 01, 2016 07:37PM
wx21 features looks good and it's best to buy from new if I don't have wx20 or versions below as all upgrade makes lots of pains esp. at customer side with hot mission critical wx apps on.

It'll be great if pcSoft considers to lower the upgrade fee (less US250/wx) in future as time is so short to digest every unveiled version esp for English version, eg I upgraded wm20 of no less than 6 mths in a stabled rollout apps and now comes to new wm21.

Should I wait for wx22...

King
AndyD
April 02, 2016 07:17PM
Art Bonds
American versions of PCS slogans...

"WinDev will blow you out of the water with 921 NEW FEATURES!"

"WLanguage: The AK-47 of programming languages"

"WinDev: It's YOOUGE!"

"WinDev: Use it or God will get you."

"Windev Lives Matter"

You made my day smiling smiley

It's really annoying to have the same discussions every year.

If you don't like the pictures in the brochures don't look at the brochures. If those pictures in the brochures or the style of PCS marketing has an influence on your decision if you upgrade or not you probably should think about changing your profession smiling smiley

Happy coding,
CCC2
April 02, 2016 07:50PM
I bored with french girls , can we have chinese or japanese girls ?:cool:
Name withheld by request
April 03, 2016 03:59PM
There is a really easy solution to this eternal problem. Make two brochures! A serious one with ugly hairy men with assault rifles and bullet vests for the Americans and a less serious one with beautiful (not too skinny) girls with good tits and not too much clothing for the rest! What do you say, PCSoft?:-)
CCC2
April 04, 2016 12:45AM
Name withheld by request
There is a really easy solution to this eternal problem. Make two brochures! A serious one with ugly hairy men with assault rifles and bullet vests for the Americans and a less serious one with beautiful (not too skinny) girls with good tits and not too much clothing for the rest! What do you say, PCSoft?:-)

@#$%& and non-@#$%& version ?
belkassem
April 04, 2016 04:16AM
Who cares for real. I like those beautiful girls. what is the most boring for me for example is GEICO after hundred year still have same freaking, or what about progressive, same woman for almost ten years or more, there is thousands crappy advertisement but we still in 2016. Again who cares?
André Labuschagné
April 05, 2016 10:29AM
What a hoot.

I think they should alternate and give the boys a chance as advertising pics on year and then girls the next and so on as I am smelling a gender bias here :-)

Personally I think it is quite irrelevant. The product offerings are above this mundane nonsense. Just a bit of fun really - does anyone actually take them seriously?

Cheers
Andre
Robert Willis
April 09, 2016 04:32AM
First... Art, bravo on the American versions.

I rather have girls than beefcake so don't rock the boat. Asian chicks would be a nice mix. Sorry to all the Wxdev asian female developers.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.