Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Internal Window inside another Internal Window

Posted by Alexandre Leclerc 
Alexandre Leclerc
Internal Window inside another Internal Window
October 02, 2008 10:04PM
Hi all,

I try to use an internal window inside another internal window... and the only results I get right now is a lot of problems.

Is it possible to do that any-way?

The problem more precisely:

In my internal window "1" (W1) with a contextual menu that I link by code to a Table. Then on the select event of the grid, I update some menu options OPT_Option..Checked = True, etc.

W1 has:
- Table
- Menu
- Some routine updating the menu on some table events

* When I test W1, all works fine.
* If I use W1 inside a normal Window, all works fine.

But when I try to use W1 inside another internal window, I run into problems:
* I'm getting complaints that my menu options are unknown. OPT_Option = nop.
* Even if I try to reach the menu option with full name path from that internal window I get the same error. Even when adding the active window name.

So, I'm a bit nervous because it throws all my planned soft structure down.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards.
Hi Alexandre,

Could it be that you end up with several menus containing OPT_Option? I noticed that Windev gets confused when this happens. Try to uniquely name your menu options (if that's possible).

Cheers,
/sohan
Alexandre Leclerc
Re: Internal Window inside another Internal Window
October 03, 2008 03:07PM
Hi Sohan,

You are the guy!

I had effectively the same contextual menu. (Because I started from that internal Window to make the other... and did not remove it.)

And now it works wonderfully!

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.