Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about a previous post

Posted by KenKnight 
KenKnight
Question about a previous post
October 01, 2008 06:10PM
Hi All,

Somebody (not too long ago) posted some specs to their application they had developed in WinDev and it was quite huge (ie many gig databases, thousands of windows).

If you are that person or you can find the post ( I couldn't) would you mind reposting / pointing me to it.

My main interest is I'm looking for some information regarding large HFCS installations.

Thanks,
Ken

M. Beaven
Re: Question about a previous post
October 01, 2008 06:31PM
Hi Ken,

I would consider our HFCS installation to be fairly substantial- though there are likely others out there that will be larger.

Out project contains over 600 windows, largest HFCS Db is ~ 5GB and contains ~ 7Million records. All DBs run on a 24/7 basis with the largest at this point having ~ 100 simultaneous users.

I'd be glad to help if there is any specific info you're looking for, just drop us a line.

Regards,

-Marc
KenKnight
October 02, 2008 04:34AM
Hi Marc,

Sounds great. I need to provide some real data on large HFCS to a friend of mine. I'll probably be giving you a call here in the next couple of days.

Thanks a bunch!
Ken

Fabrice Harari
October 02, 2008 05:48PM
Hello Ken...

If I remember correctly, there was a post in the old forum from somebody in Holland or belgium working with 60 GB+ HFCS dbs...

again if I remember correctly, he was saying that his install was the biggest referenced HFCS DB around

Hope this help

Fabrice
David Martin
October 02, 2008 08:27PM
Hi Ken,

Found this in the old forum files...

David

Written by Albert Buitenhuis at 15 Feb 2008 13:39:00:

As an answer to: Re: Vacancy at MSG-i Netherlands written by Jan de Bruin at 15 Feb 2008 13:07:04:

Hello Jan,

That's quite simple. Inside information a1

==> HF Databases >60 Gb. Performes fine. State-of-the-art infrastructures, of course. Because of the size of the databases we've got very specific questions (some of which have also been written on the forum) about which we contact pc-soft on regular basis.

==> Project with > 2000 windows, similar number of reports. Project environment of our largest project > 1 Gb. We make use of SCM.

Convinced....? You might come and take a look 4 Yourself...

...gonna work agein a10... Greetings, Albert

* MSG-i Netherlands NV
Albert Buitenhuis
October 02, 2008 11:23PM
Hi Ken,

That somebody was me.

Yes, indeed, our HF databases are huge (largest databases 60-80 Gb at this moment).
Still working with HF classic, no HF_CS yet.

We have had some conversation with pc-soft about other 'huge' HF databases. We're not alone on the planet considering huge HF databases.

We just migrated to Windev12, and in the forthcoming 6 months we planned to implement HF-CS. So it promises to become a very interesting time.

If you would like to migrate to Holland: take a look at our vacancy at www.msgnl.com
In all other cases: sharing experience and knowledge is essential; you can send your questions at any time; I will send mine... :-)

Greetings,

Albert Buitenhuis
KenKnight
October 03, 2008 02:09AM
Thanks a bunch Albert and yes I'll be shooting you an email. I would love to get some more stats about your software (ie # windows / reports / queries ). The size of those databases is absolutely incredible.

(thanks everyone else for help in locating the post ... and the person! )

Cheers!
Ken

Art Bonds
October 03, 2008 05:54AM
Is that ONE .fic file that is 60 to 80 GB, or your entire data set that large?
Merijn
October 03, 2008 08:14AM
The dimensions Albert is talking about are devided over approx 400 tables. At some customer sites several tables exceed 3Gb and/or 5M records.
HTH
Merijn van der Wijk
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.