Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Include Files - Where to put them?

Posted by Malc 
Malc
Include Files - Where to put them?
October 01, 2008 11:31AM
Hi Guys

I operate under a multi project, multi developer environment, and would like to have a common folder into which to put include files, but without specifying a definitive path
(e.g. C:\WD\Includes), as some developers will have their working folders from SCM to be different (e.g. C:\MyProjects\Wd\Include or D:\WD\Include)

Is it possible to include specific paths in the project IDE?

Any ideas???

TIA

Malc
Sohan
Re: Include Files - Where to put them?
October 01, 2008 05:56PM
Hi Malc,

I have not found a way to do this. As far as I know, you can either use a path relative to the project directory, or a full path.

If I understand you correctly, you wish to have an include directory common to more than one project, outside the directory structure of any particular project. I'm not sure if this is possible without dictating some sort of directory structure to the developers.

One thing you could consider:

EXTERN "..\External\myInclude"
This way you would only have to enforce the use of a single directory which contains both the projects and the External folder. This would work for:

C:\MyProjects\Project1
C:\MyProjects\Project2
C:\MyProjects\External

but also for:

D:\Develop\WDProj\Project1
D:\Develop\WDProj\Project2
D:\Develop\WDProj\External

Cheers,
/sohan
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.