Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to run a Stored Procedure into windev

Posted by Ricardo 
Ricardo
How to run a Stored Procedure into windev
September 23, 2008 07:37PM
Hello, everyone,

I need to run a stored procedure into Windev, there some command to do this, someone could help me ?

thanks

Ricardo
Alexandre Leclerc
Re: How to run a Stored Procedure into windev
September 24, 2008 04:02PM
Hi Ricardo,

If you talk about a stored procedure on a HF C/S server, look at HExecuteProcedure.

If you want to execute a stored procedure in an analysis (for HF) I never was able to call them directly. -- Maybe there is a trick I don't know.

I stopped using stored triggers in the analysis when I saw it was not compatible HF and HF/CS (and other Dcool smiley.

I would like that if I define a procedure in the analysis, to be usable and working in HF Classic and in HF C/S when available. This is sad this is not working. Also, stored procedure in the analysis should be available. And such trigger should also work with other DB wether native or not. (I.e. by executing the trigger locally as in HF Classic.)

But I guess I'm dreaming. That would be real DB portability.

in the meanwhile, I'm building my "own" procedure that I call manually, using transactions.

Best regards.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.