Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

fselect

Posted by Cesar Flores 
Cesar Flores
fselect
October 23, 2012 11:17PM
hii all

i have a question, how can i select a file from my computer, i mean open a file picker..

i am using webdev and i want to replace fselect function, because is not avaiable in webdev.

if you can give me an advice is welcome

i need to open a file picker, get the complete dir of the file to save him in my database.

i search and i found the "upload control", i don't know if this is the best way to achieve. because the web programing is a little confusing
Fabrice Harari
Re: fselect
October 23, 2012 11:50PM
Hi Cesar,

on the web, you do not have direct access to the client hard drive (and that's GOOD). So the only easy way to select a file and upload it to the server is the upload control (old and/or new one). Another possibility would be to write a java applet doing what you need with windev, and call it from your web page, but that implies that the client browser will need to have the JAVA runtime installed and authorised, and is of course much more complex

Best regards
Cesar Flores
Re: fselect
October 24, 2012 12:25AM
hi Fabrice

thanks for the attention, i search more information about upload control and this seems to work.

best regards
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.