Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D Charting primitives with GDImage 6.00

Posted by Patrice Terrier 
Patrice Terrier
3D Charting primitives with GDImage 6.00
May 16, 2012 01:08PM
Charting is a WD16/WD17 project, which purpose is to present the new "Chart" primitives build-in GDImage 6.00.

Primitives:
Band, Bar, Cone, Cube, Cup, Cylinder, Dome, Grid, Line, Point, Pyramide, Sphere, Text, Torus.

About text display, it is possible to use either orthographic mode (2D pixel aligned), or antialiased "True Type" fonts that are created on the fly, and that could be oriented at any angle in the 3D space.

Surface rendering uses a proprietary technic to produce sophisticated refraction mixing light and translucency altogether.
You can see this in real life, while moving the chart with the mouse in the 3D scene.

Automatic mousing support:
    [*]Left button, rotate in 3D space.
    [*]Right button, translation on the X, Y, Z axis.
    [*]Mouse wheel, zooming adjustment.

The [Reset] button, brings back all the parameters to default, and restarts the growing Chart animation.

These new GDImage API, extend the WinDev's presentation capabilities, with interactive 3D and little impact on the CPU even when using the full screen mode.

Click here to download the project

Note: To keep the size of the ZIP file small, the project is provided only with source code, thus you must test it from the environment or compile it yourself.

Screen shot:

:spos:Thank you for sharing your work! It's amazing.

Regards,
Joris.
Patrice Terrier
Re: 3D Charting primitives with GDImage 6.00
May 18, 2012 02:13PM
Joris

Thank you!

Here is another screen shot:

Tor-Bjarne
May 18, 2012 10:06PM
Hi,

When I did my work in clarion I used a "skin template" Ocx from codejock that let me change skings like this example.

I was studing your examples on your web page (for skinning WD Apps), they are real cool, but the actual data is hard to read as the background take too mutch focus away.

Are you planning templates/ colors with more subtle colors and graphics? winking smiley

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Patrice Terrier
May 18, 2012 11:03PM
See BassBox Radio, here:
[www.zapsolution.com]
it is a WD16 application, powered by GDImage.

See also Flyworship here:
[forum.flyworship.co.uk]
Patrice Terrier
New version
May 25, 2012 03:40PM
The project has been updated to work with GDImage 6.04

What is new:
    [*]State of the art anti-aliasing (based on WGL extension).
    [*]GL_ChartCone primitive.
    [*]GL_ChartPoint primitive.
    [*]Particle billboarding alignment (GL_ChartPoint).
    [*]Bubble and Ball texture.

Antialias computation is done entirely by the GPU, thus keeping the CPU charge very low.

The new WGL_Createwindow API, can be used with any 3D application, it provides the same quality that the one being used in animation studio, without changing anything to the existing OpenGL code.

The link in the first post of this thread has been updated.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.