Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Searching In Analysis

Posted by Milton 
Milton
Searching In Analysis
September 18, 2008 12:45AM
Hi,

I have an application which links via OLEDB to an MSSQL database with around 300 tables. If I open my analysis I sometimes find it hard to locate the table for which I am searching.

Does anyone know if there is a "find" feature for the analysis. For example, I have a table called "tblStandardCosts" and I would like to be able to enter a search criteria to find this table among hundreds of others in my analysis.

Thanks,

Milton
Al
Re: Searching In Analysis
September 18, 2008 01:33AM
Hello Milton

This is not the best solution but may help.
Make sure that you also have your "project" pane open and showing the file list. That file list functions as a list box so you can search in it by typing in the first letter of a file name. When you select a file in the project pane, the file icon in the analysis is highlighted also by showing a border around it.

Regards
Al
Milton
September 18, 2008 10:34PM
Hi Al,

Thankls for the reply - however, I cannot see the File list in my project pane as shown below.

Milton

[i35.tinypic.com]

Toddy Utomo
September 18, 2008 11:38PM
Hi Milton

Click the Analysis Tab at the project pane ...

HTH

Milton
September 19, 2008 04:59AM
Thanks Toddy (and Al) - I didn't have the analysis tab ticked but once I did that it worked just as I needed. It is always the little things that catch you.

Milton
Glenn Rathke
September 19, 2008 02:24PM
When you have the analysis open and in view as you show, just start typing the name. The table will be highlighted.

HTH
Glenn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.