Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HyperFileSQL

Posted by John Marrone 
John Marrone
HyperFileSQL
September 13, 2008 05:22PM
Could someone please tell me is HyperfileSQL new to version 12. Does a hfSQL database consist of just one file with all the tables indexs and stored procedure contain in the 1 file. I have WD11.
GuenterP
Re: HyperFileSQL
September 13, 2008 06:08PM
Hi John,

no, 'HyperFile SQL database' refers to a set of HyperFile files taken care of by the HyperFile client/server engine.

Kind regards,
Guenter

P.S. Did you find your way in the forum now?
John Marrone
September 13, 2008 06:42PM
Thanks Guenter. Was just hoping. i don't really like hundreds of files I rather have just one big one. Yes I finally saw the link. Also if I used a mssgl express sql file would I be able to use it in WD and still be able to use the HFile functions. (The data funstions that start with an H).Thanks for you your help.
Jimbo
September 13, 2008 07:20PM
HI John, yes, you could use the H-Functions if you're using Native Access for MSSQL. I don't see much difference between MSSQL and HF C/S Server - except that the MSSQL is a more expensive alternative. For HF C/S there is a new command in v12 - HBackup(..) which does a backup of the complete server. In the HyperFile Control Center (AND as a command available!) it's possible to define recurring backup tasks. You could define a full or partial backup of the HF C/S Server let's say on each day at 20:00.

Kind regards,
Guenter
Glenn Rathke
September 13, 2008 10:31PM
Hi Guenter,

In Hyper File Client Server, are stored procedures run on the server or on the client?

Glenn
Jimbo
September 13, 2008 10:41PM
Hi Glenn, they're running on the server.
- stored procedures
- stored triggers
Kind regards,
Guenter
Erik Schwarz
September 14, 2008 01:42PM
Hi Günther,

it works with oledb access, too.
MSSQL is quiet cheap (Express version is 0¤), max 2GB data and using max. 1 processor on the board.

Greetings

Erik
Jimbo
September 14, 2008 02:17PM
Erik Schwarz
Hi Günther,

it works with oledb access, too.
MSSQL is quiet cheap (Express version is 0¤), max 2GB data and using max. 1 processor on the board.

Greetings

Erik

Hi Erik,

yes, the Express version is FREE - max 4GB. Only problem would be to manage any field-type differences. Is it worth it - speedwise - to use MSSQL Express?

Kind regards,
Guenter
Erik Schwarz
September 14, 2008 07:47PM
Hi Günter,

did not test speed hf/cs versus mssql so far, but sure til the end of the year. I use it just because customer want to have it.

My software is dedicated for HF, HF/CS and MSSQL. Will charge them different money according to db used.

lg

Erik
Toddy Utomo
September 15, 2008 12:59PM
Erik Schwarz

My software is dedicated for HF, HF/CS and MSSQL. Will charge them different money according to db used.

lg

Erik

Hi Erik
How do you manage "Store Procedure" & "Store Trigger" in your software with
all type of databases?

TIA
Toddy
Erik Schwarz
September 15, 2008 06:40PM
Hi Toddy,

I don't use them, so I didn't care so far.
Otherwise it may be necessary to write a class to manage these things more comfortable as to use if - then or case everywhere.

greetings
Erik
Corey.pcs.crosspost
September 24, 2008 05:45PM
Does anyone use ODBC or OLEDB to update or delete Hyper File?
Please tell me to do it.

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.