Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

automatic go on time based (not DelayBeforeClosing)

Posted by RdJ 
Hi,

I am looking for something that does this

after selecting 'next' the timer start (for example 5 minutes)
within this 5 minutes I can do what I want on all the other screens, add, remove, update info
when I don't choose 'next' within these 5 minutes an automatic 'next' is performed
and the timer start again
so it is something like DelayBeforeClosing but then not for an popup but based on a 'proces'

important in this is that the counter must go on regardless of actions in between (or not) and only been 'reset' if the right button, 'next' is choosen

is there a solution for something like this

best regards

RdJ

windev 15

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2010 11:08AM by RdJ.
Fabrice Harari
Re: automatic go on time based (not DelayBeforeClosing)
December 26, 2010 12:01PM
Hi RDJ

If I understood correctly, you just need to use the 'Timer' instrcution

Best regards

Hi Fabrice,

Is this also working if the procedure to call is local (in screen1) and I am now on screen5
in the help there is written
windev help
If Timer is called in a code of a window, window control or procedure local to the window, the timer is associated with the window.
or do I set this at application startup, then 'stop' the timer and activate it again in the window where I would like it to start (i have then to rewrite my local procedure to global)

if it works with going to other screens a practical problem is there, because I call these screens with a specific period and by this procedure with timer the period goes one automaticly ('next' goes to next period).
I can't use
use 
because the screen i wan't to go back is a kind of resultscreen and by
use
also my main (menu) window is closed

I read something about when messages are displayed the timer stops
so if there is a popup messages displayed the timer stops?

is it also possible to show the 'countdown' of this timer so people can see what time is left (like shown with this delaybeforeclosing)

I read something about timersys also, which one is better

best regards,

RdJ

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2010 01:00PM by RdJ.
Hi Rdj

Maybe you should use threads. With threads you can have several things going on at the same time

I havenot used it myself but are going to. i want my app to check if the licence is still valid. This is a proces that runs regardles of what is done in the app itself.

Take a look at the helpfile using the keyword thread.

Allard
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.