Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TableSeek command in WebDev14

Posted by Shahine.pcs.crosspost 
Shahine.pcs.crosspost
TableSeek command in WebDev14
January 25, 2010 12:08PM
Hi All

I have a table to display the data from a query. The query is sorted in DESC (descending) order. As soon as I use the TableSeek command, the sort order of the data displayed changes to ASC (ascending) ??

I am using: TableSelectPlus(table1,TableSeek(column1,X)) to select the row in table1 where column1 = X.

This works fine, except that the sort order changes to ASC (Which means I cannot use it)

Is there something I am missing? or is this a bug?
Short of writting a For Each loop, is there any other way to go to a specific row in the table?

Many Thanks

Shahine
Mail@Shahine.co.uk

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Fabrice Harari
Re: TableSeek command in WebDev14
January 25, 2010 01:14PM
Hi Shahine..

you may have a conflict between the DESC order of the query and the settings of the table in the content tab, where you also select asc/desc. In that case, as soon as you do your tableselectplus, the table would revert to the setting in its description (instead of the query original order, which at thispoint is not used anymore)

Best regards

Shahine
Re: TableSeek command in WebDev14
January 25, 2010 02:40PM
Thanks Fabrice

You were 100% correct.
I was under the impression that by leaving the properties of the content tab page on “Automatic Browse” I would be using the sort order of my query.

In this case as soon as I ticked the “Reverse Browse” TableSeek command worked as expected.

Thank You

Shahine
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.