Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Windev Apps under Wine and/or Mono

Posted by Giu 
Giu
Windev Apps under Wine and/or Mono
December 23, 2009 12:06PM
Hi all,

Somebody has tried to run Windev applications (not windev itself) under Wine[1] or Mono[2]? (mono under other operating system than windows of course).

I'm curious if something of this works

Cheers.

[1] [www.winehq.org]
[2] [www.mono-project.com]
Alexandre Leclerc
Re: Windev Apps under Wine and/or Mono
December 23, 2009 02:33PM
Hi Giuseppe,

We made some /initial testings/ on an application of ours. It starts, HFSQL Standard is working, and almost everything in that DB application looks ok.

But we experience a "hang" in a give Window for some reasons - that can be anything (a control, some procedures, events, etc.) We did not take time to investigate, we only wanted to see how far we can go with no debugging efforts; and we only tested one application at this moment.

In Wine, you must install IE and some other packages. But to keep all that simple we simply bought CrossOver Linux Pro to ease the configuration. (www.codeweavers.com/products/cxlinux/)

So there are on our side some issues that we must be investigates, but overall it looks like it could work great. (The fact that WinDev applications are compatible with Win98 helps a lot concerning that. But I assume that some very high-level features could simply not work in Wine at this moment. I can't tell.)

I Hope this helps,
Alexandre Leclerc
Giu
Re: Windev Apps under Wine and/or Mono
December 23, 2009 02:48PM
Very interesting.

My question, was, because, Windev, can export to Java, and with v15 and HF working under Mac, all could be solved, but, under Java you lose Reports. In WDTestingJava [1], I used it a little, but, has a lot of dependencies, but, more important, is not much comfortable to work with it from WDJava.

Cheers.

[1] [forum.mysnip.de]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.