Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WebDev/What is Fix the controls in the page ?

Posted by John 
John
WebDev/What is Fix the controls in the page ?
September 05, 2008 08:06PM
Hi,

On the page description, what is the check box "Fix the controls in the page"? What does it do? Although the text is descriptive, I don't see what affect it has on a web page.

John
KenKnight
Re: WebDev/What is Fix the controls in the page ?
September 06, 2008 01:25AM
The text that pops up says;

IF this option is checked, resizing the width of the browser will not affect the position of the controls. A scrollbar will be displayed at the bottom of the window...

However, my tests show that absolutely zero code changes between turning this checkbox on and leaving it off. This includes file comparing on css files.

So at this point I'd say, "It does nothing"

Cheers!
ken
Glenn Rathke
September 06, 2008 04:45AM
Hi,

I'd have to agree with Ken. I've seen absolutely nothing that is changed by this setting. Good question though !!!!

Glenn
Glenn Rathke
September 06, 2008 03:12PM
Hi,

When I hover over the checkbox, the text that popsup says

"If controls are fixed in the page.."

Is there a setting somewhere that lets me see more of the text. I don't seem to be seeing the rest of the message or mnessages.

Glenn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.