Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD12 to WD11 - Backward migration

Posted by Gautam.pcs.crosspost 
Gautam.pcs.crosspost
WD12 to WD11 - Backward migration
August 20, 2008 01:50PM
Hi All

Does anyone have an idea of how a form designed in Windev 12 can be incorporated into a Windev 11 project without having to rewrite the entire code and redo the screen design?
I have tried exporting from WD12 and Importing into WD11 but that fails. Cut and paste also does not seem to work - (Even at individual control level).
There is an option to Compare projects which allows changes in one project to be migrated to another but this function does not seem to work either when comparing projects written in different versions of Windev.

TIA
Gautam

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2008 04:58PM by GuenterP.
Alexandre Leclerc
Re: WD12 to WD11 - Backward migration
August 20, 2008 03:09PM
Hi Gautam,

Unfortunately, WinDev is upward compatible only (as far as I know).

But you can do the following (that might work):
1. Open both soft.
2. Create a new windows in WD11
3. Copy all controls in that window from wd12, paste into wd11.
4. Copy all code (select all) in wd12 and paste into wd11.

Hopefull it will do the job. I do that between wd12 project sometimes... *Maybe* it will work between the two versions.

Regards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2008 04:58PM by GuenterP.
Georgio
Re: WD12 to WD11 - Backward migration
August 20, 2008 09:27PM
Actually, I've tried to do this a couple of times. Windev will pump out the following error:

"Unable to load window: format too old and not recognized by WDOBJ module."

Georgio
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.