Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WebDev Problem with F5

Posted by Glenn Rathke 
Glenn Rathke
WebDev Problem with F5
April 16, 2008 07:49PM
Hi All,

Hoping for a little help on this problem. The scenario is, using a typical Page (Page 1) with a table to display records. That page calls another paqe (Page 2) for adding or modifying records. Upon adding a record (Page 2) and returning to Page 1, if the user refreshes the browser (F5), the record that was just added, is added again, if refreshed again, the record is added again, etc..

It don't think it is a synchronizing problem. How do you prevent that from happening

Thanks
Glenn Rathke
KenKnight
Re: WebDev Problem with F5
April 18, 2008 12:46AM
Hi Glenn,

What mode are you in with WebDev Dynamic or AWP? If Dynamic, is the record truly being adding to the database? I personally haven't experienced this issue.

Cheers!
Ken
Glenn Rathke
April 18, 2008 01:35AM
Dynamic..... It's happened on 2 completely different applications.

Glenn
KenKnight
April 19, 2008 05:07AM
I'll test it on one of my apps in the morning and post back... but I can't say that any users have had any issues (or at least reported) on any of the webapps I've developed.

Cheers!
Ken
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.