Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Simple Form

Posted by Piet van Zanten 
Piet van Zanten
Simple Form
August 21, 2008 04:33PM
Hi forum,

I always used file based browsing tables with a filter in the initialisation code to display detail records. However, the hFilter command has some drawbacks, especially forgetting to turn it off. So I tried a table based on a query. This works fine, however, when selecting a line in the table, the current record is not loaded, so a "classic" form window to add or edit the current record does not work anymore. (there's no data in the file buffer)
I prefer not to have to write extra code to read the data buffer.
Is there a way to automatically load the current record when selecting a table row?

Best regards,
Piet
issah
Re: Simple Form
August 21, 2008 05:08PM
You will have to base your "classic" form window on the same query as the table. Make sure all your form controls as well as all the data file references in the local procedure functions reference the query.

If you use the "simple form" template, you do not have the option of designing the form on a query, so I always develop it based on the table and then manually change the links. It is tough but I prefer queries to direct table access.

issah
Piet van Zanten
Re: Simple Form
August 22, 2008 09:53PM
Thanks Issah, for now I'll stick to the old fashioned way. Performance is very good and I'm not using hyperfile cs.
Best regards,
Piet
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.