Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unable to access Analysis data from another Project

Posted by Ewart de Souza 
Ewart de Souza
Unable to access Analysis data from another Project
August 13, 2008 08:55PM
Hi All,
I'm new to Webdev12. I find that the data in an analysis is accessable only in the project in which the analysis is created. I say this because when I run a simple program to copy one file to a new file - it only works in the project that has created the analysis. In the new project it behaves as though there is no data existing i.e. blank file.

Is there a process whereby the data in an analysis is accessable to other projects ?? I tried looking up the tutorial & the online help info but couldn't find any clue how to do this.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Ewart

Hello Ewart

There is no "data" in the analysis, it is simply a definition of the file structures.

The actual data is in whatever folder you designate, so when you are in developer mode you can use the Project > Project description > Files option to point at a directory and use that data, which is really useful for testing.

For software that you release you either have the exe and the data files in the same directory or point to the correct directory using code such as hchangedir() or in the project definition you can set a default directory for the data.

Regards
Al
Piet van Zanten
Re: Unable to access Analysis data from another Project
August 14, 2008 05:53PM
Hi Ewart,

I'm not familiar with Webdev, but in Windev I would use hOpenAnalysis.

Best regards,
Piet
Hi Al & Piet,

I think I did try both these options, but it seems I'm on the right track so I'll try them again.

Thanks for responding.
Ewart
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.