Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Report Questions

Posted by David Egan 
David Egan
Report Questions
August 13, 2008 04:07AM
Hi
I need to generate an invoice on perforated A4 paper. The invoice layout may be modified by the end-users at some stage so I have to do it via Reports & Queries. I have a break on the invoice number, with header and footer defined on them. If there is a text line to be printed that is printed by an iteration block, using iSubst. The block footer is quite large and if there is not a break nothing is to print where the block footer currently goes, except for it to print "Next Page". I have therefore defined a Page Footer block the same height as the break footer. In the break code I set the page footer visible in the Header Pre-print and invisible in the Footer pre-print. I also have a Body Complement block. This all works quite nicely until I get to the last page of a multi-page invoice. What happens then is that the page footer (the essentially blank footer) prints after the detail and another page is generated with no line details but the group footer. Because there are no body lines here the printing is then out of synch with the perforations. If I set the body complement to print whether there is a body or not, it prints underneath the group footer on this page! What I really want is for the group footer to print on the last "real" page.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

David
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.