Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Running application from usb

Posted by issah 
issah
Running application from usb
August 05, 2008 09:03PM
Hello,
I think I read about this ability sometime ago. Can someone please tell me how to run an application from the usb or is it just a matter of installing it on the usb medium?

Thanks

issah
Ricardo
Re: Running application from usb
August 06, 2008 02:17AM
Hi Issah

I´ts Simple
Just copy the directory of your executable (with. DLLs) into any USB drive and run it.

:spos:
Milton
August 06, 2008 10:07AM
Hi Issah,

I have a training application which runs totally on a USB memory stick (2 or 4Gcool smiley and it contains my Windev Application plus a number of training files created with Camtasia.

The problem I faced was that if a user lost the USB device it may be of value to someone else so I get the application to do a read of the registry and look for an entry for our domain - if this entry doesn't exist the application deletes all critical files on the USB device without warning and hence makes it useless to anyone.

I get the application to autorun upon insertion of the memory stick - it is a big hit with users.

Milton
DarrenF.pcs.crosspost
August 06, 2008 02:46PM
Hi,

Also see the Blog on the PC Soft web site - select "Free Technical Support", then "Useful resources" and "Blog" - there's a write-up on there as well :-)

Cheers...

Regards,
DarrenF

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Ricardo
August 06, 2008 02:57PM

To increase security, I use a class of protection made in Windev, the safety limit set by the PC client, if he loses the Pendrive, another person may not use the application.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.