Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Finding HF C/S servers in LAN ?

Posted by GuenterP 
GuenterP
Finding HF C/S servers in LAN ?
August 04, 2008 01:59PM
Hi, I want to find a list of the HF C/S servers (by name) available to a workgroup within a LAN. There is no such command like HListServer(..) in WinDev. Inspecting the project WD_Reseau (WD7) from WindAsso ( [www.windasso.org] ) shows a working application which lists all resources reachable from the current computer. Before, I used a small DLL that just looked for the available computers in a LAN, but that doesn't work anymore on Vista64. Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Guenter
Thomas
Re: Finding HF C/S servers in LAN ?
August 04, 2008 07:23PM
Hi Guenter,

workaround:
Ping() and HServerStatus() perhaps a little help?

Kind Regards

Thomas
GuenterP
Re: Finding HF C/S servers in LAN ?
August 04, 2008 09:34PM
Hi Thomas, thank you!

However, for Ping(..) you need to know the IP or NetMachineName(..) of the connected computers of the same workgroup in the network first. This is the main problem. I do not intend to scan all ports (65000) of the connected computers but rather would reduce the scanned ports to 4900 - 5000, forcing those who install a Manta service on their computers to that range of ports.

So, I'm looking for a small routine to list those computers of the network which are visible to that workstation. After that I'd test the possible 100 ports for being a HF C/S server an try to get a status from it. After successful 'contact' I'd ListAdd the server:port to a combo-box.

Kind regards,
Guenter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.