Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Replicate Windev "Legend" button

Posted by issah 
issah
Replicate Windev "Legend" button
August 03, 2008 10:03PM
Hello,
Many of Windevs wizards have a "legend" button which is used to explain the meaning of the various icons used. When it is clicked, a window pops up beside it with the explanations. I have a table in which I use extensive color coding for the various records. I would like to create a "legend" button similar to the one used by Windev to explain the meaning of the various color combinations. Help to achieve this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

issah
Louis Verbraak
Re: Replicate Windev "Legend" button
August 04, 2008 09:38AM
Hello Issah,

See OpenPopupPosition.

HTH.
Al
August 04, 2008 09:40AM
Hello Issah

How about a popup window with a memory table to display the legend.
Each row of the table can display the text message in the legend colours.
e.g. Text message " Debit Transaction" could be displayed as black text on a red background and so on for the other combinations.

The use of a table makes is easy to expand the display as required.

Regards
Al
issah
August 04, 2008 12:34PM
Thanks, will have a look.

issah
DerekT
August 05, 2008 12:35AM
Hi
The problem with using a window is that it takes focus and requires a user operation to close before they can continue with other on screen activities.

For this type of function I have always used a Popup Menu which can be color coded, have icons etc -- and closes automatically if the user moves to another function on screen.

DerekT
issah
August 05, 2008 08:32PM
Thanks DerekT,
Have already implemented the popoup window. You are right, it takes an additional click to close the window, however, in my rush I implemented it on other controls including non-button ones such as the user id display field, which displays additional user info, etc. The window allows you to do more than the menu I but will have a look at your option when time allows it. You never know.

issah
heinz kuebler
August 05, 2008 10:02PM
do you mean something like the wizard in MS-Word ? there is an example called WD Agent to acomplish this kind of help

or what about the tooltip help ?

regards, Heinz
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.